The Strategic Investor Relations Officer: Providing Value to the Board
note that by registering for this event, your contact information will
be shared with the host of the event, Bloomberg L.P. Bloomberg will not solicit you, market to you or contact you for any purpose.*
**Please note that this meeting is not a part of the NY Chapter Program Series and is being offered at no charge to our NY Chapter members**
Time: 7:30 am Registration & Breakfast
8:00 am - 9:00 am Program
9:00 am - 9:30 am Networking
Join us on Thursday, January 10, 2019 for a special meeting of the New York Chapter co-hosted by NIRI New York.
Corporate secretaries and IR professionals must work together on both business and governance matters to develop and clearly articulate a sustainable investment case, keep their boards informed about shareholder views and provide feedback from the street.
At this breakfast program, you’ll hear from two seasoned directors on these key topics:
- What are current best practices for interaction between the board of directors, management and IROs to assess the perspectives of shareholders on business and governance issues?
- What proactive work can and should be done by management, secretaries, IR and the board before an activist, takeover threat or crisis emerges?
- How can the IR team contribute to board discussions so that if and when issues and opportunities arise, the company is fully informed and well prepared to make strategic decisions?
- What keeps your board up at night? How can you help them to evaluate risks and opportunities for the company by incorporating shareholders’ perspectives?
Our program is intended to help you:
- Act as a strategic advisor to the core decision-makers in your organization, identifying material issues for consideration and delivering thoughtful, proactive advice
- Partner with your IRO on governance and proxy matters, working to ensure that the organization provides consistent messaging and fosters long-term relationships with key shareholders
- Leverage your external relationships and insights to be seen as a powerful voice in the boardroom
Former CFO of Novartis Pharma AG (Switzerland) and IMS Health (IMS), and currently serves on four public company Boards including Axovant Sciences Ltd. (NASDAQ:AXON), Cardax, Inc. (OTCPK:CDXI), Innoviva, Inc. (NASDAQ:INVA) and Care DX, Inc. (NASDAQ:CDNA).
Former President of Bestfoods (acquired by Unilever) and currently sits on the Boards of three public companies including CNO Financial (NYSE:CNO), IWG (LSE:IWG, formerly Regus) and Hikma Pharmaceuticals (LSE:HIK).
Laura Kiernan, IRC, CPA
SVP IR Ubiquiti Networks (UBNT) and CEO & Founder of High Touch Investor Relations