Internal Investigations – Leading Practices
Are you prepared to respond to a subpoena from the SEC or other regulatory body? Do you have processes and procedures in place to allow you to conduct an efficient and effective investigation without destroying metadata and without interrupting your business activities? Build your skill set in these areas and feel confident that you are prepared to handle any investigation for your organization. Learn practical tips and pragmatic solutions from professionals who have successfully managed internal investigations.
Registration and breakfast: 7:30 am - 8:30 am EST
Seminar: 8:30 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.
Parking: 200 Public Square Garage (Garage Entrance Address: 320 Superior Ave. East)
Parking will be validated for those who park in the 200 Public Square Garage (please bring parking ticket to the meeting)
The session will cover:
- Where should the company start?
- How to leverage internal resources (e.g. internal audit) and external resources (e.g. outside counsel and forensic accountants)?
- When is the right time to brief the Audit Committee as well as the auditors?
- What are the implications of voluntary disclosure to the DOJ/SEC?
- How should the public communications be managed?
- What to do when data privacy issues are identified?
- Ms. Gina Beredo - Vice President, General Counsel & Secretary
- Mr. Matt Jorgensen - Assistant General Counsel - Litigation - The Sherwin-Williams Company
- Mr. Steve Tyrrell - Partner – Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- Mr. Sulaksh Shah - Partner – PwC
Note: Requesting 1.0 hours of General CLE Credit in Ohio